As per the detail of all adverts please note that the bidding position displayed on your ICHR account is not accurate; this is due to the priority to Cloch tenants and the "best fit" criteria being adopted (see our website for more information).
No decisions will be made about the allocation of the King’s Glen properties until late January 2021 and we would ask that you do not call Cloch Housing Association or the ICHR with queries regarding King’s Glen allocations. We will contact successful applicants once we are in a position to make an offer of accommodation.
We have received over 900 bids for the 43 available properties therefore it is not feasible to discuss bids with each applicant. Due to the overwhelming demand for the properties at Kings Glen we will be unable to respond to any enquiries regarding bid positions before all work has been completed to confirm applicant’s circumstances; we will then contact those who are being considered for a property in late January 2021. We will send a message to all applicants once the shortlisting process is complete or check our webpage for further updates.
Any applicant being considered for a property will need to provide/confirm the following on request:
- Proof of residency for each member of the household from an official sourced dated in the last 3 months; we may make further checks including with Housing Benefit, DWP or Council Tax that all members of a household are registered at the address
- Proof of residency will include birth certificates, custody papers, child benefit award letters, bank statements, utility bills, divorce papers, tenancy agreement or mortgage document, determination of homelessness letters. For proof of address, recent documentation must be available (within the last three months usually).
- A Tenancy reference from your current landlord
- Where concern is raised over rent arrears, rechargeable repairs, anti-social behaviour or any other significant breach of tenancy, the application may be suspended from receiving any offers for one year and any offer of housing made may be withdrawn in line with the Association’s procedures.
- Contact details including email address so that a video appointment can be undertaken where we may ask to see elements of your current home
- The purpose of this appointment will be to verify the applicant’s circumstances are as stated on their application form
- If successful, one month’s rent must be paid during tenancy sign up process, regardless of any current benefit entitlement.
Please do not complete a change of circumstances application after the properties have closed for bidding, your bid position will be fixed at the closing date and time and this will have no impact on your final position. During the verification process, if your application is not up to date, i.e. you have not updated your address, your application will be bypassed.
If you would like to upload any of the items for verification detailed, you can do this by logging into your applicant portal and selecting the document upload link. However, please only do this once Cloch staff have requested this.
If satisfactory verification of any aspect of an application cannot be provided within a reasonable timescale of the request, in line with the Association’s procedures, the application will be reassessed and points removed. An application may be suspended from receiving offers whilst satisfactory verification is outstanding.
The Association’s staff will follow all current COVID-19 guidance. This is for your safety and to ensure we can provide the best service during this time. We will confirm what this means for you if we contact you.
Properties at Kings Glen will be let on a phased basis from Mid-February 2021 until May 2021, these dates are subject to change.
Please check our website and social media pages for updates.